Tuesday, March 23, 2010

exalting day...

Today I was very exalted and equally tired by the way...

I went to shop for camera's charger.. when all sudden my mom and my dad thought of buying a karaoke set for the house. The taukeh was an indonesian chinese. He really annoyed my dad,as he kept speaking Cantonese to his colleagues when as my dad was bargaining for the price.

One amplifier, one equalizer, Ktv player, and 2 speaker, was priced 19000000 rupiah (S$3000). And My dad was trying to bargain for 16000000 rupiah ($2450) , but he refuses to give, even after "negotiating" with his colleagues with some Cantonese words.

When My mom is trying to test the sound, by singing some songs, the taukeh purposely hided the mandarin song list, thinking that we may not need it at all. My dad was a bit offended.

My dad asked me to sing Ju hua tai.. And the taukeh giggled , But not after i sung.. he was amazed that I was able to sing a mandarin. He was more amazed when my dad asked me to sing 2 other mandarin song. hahaha.. the taukeh suddenly drop the price to 17000000 (S$2600)...

But dad was not quite satisfied.. they kept negotiating for cheaper price to no end... for 2 hours ... till I was really starving..

He got really fed up.. then, he asked me to bargain in mandarin... I reluctantly did it.. hahah... not more than 5 minute the taukes changed face , then agreed to even drop the priced up to 15000000 rupiah (S$2300) even lower than what my dad asked ...what the freak. He reasoned , "a friendly price for us..." hahahha...

I was quite surprised too .cuz I know most of my singaporean chinese friend would commented on how suck my chinese is , and what so ever... It then was quite unbelieving for a chinese to get amazed on my mandarin to that extent...

My mom whishpered to me.. "
Most of chinese in indonesia do not have good command on standard mandarin, they only speak dialects.. So when he hear you speaking standard mandarin, summore you are not Chinese and yet perhaps ur mandarin sounds so "china" to him, he gave you a lot of respect , giving impression that you must be educated ,rich, and has good connection with rich people (peoples who can afford ktv set).."

haha..

whatever..
that sounds like a bull crap to me..

but then it became true enough for me...

on my way to atm as I was about to withdraw some money for the ktv set , a chinese girl rushed to me... She was the one whom i bought the camera charger from.. Her shop was just infront the ktv equipment shop... She heard me singing in mandarin... she told me she didnt realised that I could sing chinese and speak mandarin.. She said she was sorry for talking bad about me in hokkien while I was trying to bargain for the charger...

Hahahha... The thing is .. She thought that if I could speak standard mandarin I should have been able to speak dialects... but not for me... I only learn a lil bit of standard mandarin since i am not chinese at all..

well.. I then just pretended that I actually knew about whtever unpleasant thing she talked behind my back... and kept nodding at her like, whatever... but i really wanted to know what sort of bad thing she was talking about about me... so I was like...

Me:
"eh... yang mana? "
("Err, which one?")

That Girl:
"yang wa bilang..."
(" the one i said...")

Then her friend who kept pinching at her back.. abruptly cut the convo..

The friend:
"..yang dia bilang katanya lu ganteng, tapi pelit, soalnya minta trus turun harga punya... haha"

("..the one she said you are cute, but you are very stingy since you kept bargaining for low price.
")

me:
"oh gak papa... hahaha'

("oh .. nevermind it's ok... haha...")


That girl face suddenly turn red as she scolded her friend in some hokkien words.. haha... then quickly took a pen.. held my hand and scribbled.. a handphone numbers on my right palm then she asked me to text her as she wanted to keep in contact with me, then she dashed away..

I was like stoning like some blur-cock guy.. haha.. fortunately my parents was preoccupied with the ktv thing... if they would had been with me... they would disturb me like hell..

... well... I intensionally didnt memorise the headphone numbers and by the time reached home.. those numbers had faded away..

She may be choo , or what so ever... but I am now too tired to like another girl for the time being... well.. maybe if god wills.. I will meet that 'camera charger's seller-girl' some day, some where, in the future.. haha...

whatever..

No comments: