Tuesday, August 14, 2007

alex is Ok and matthew han

I was stupid.. Alex has never intent to ignore me.. he is just too busy studying.. I now admit, I was too sensitive..

I told alex all my life problems, he seemed quite unhelpful a certain extent.. I think he just simply did not know what to do as well.. But I was very greatful because he wanted to listen to my story.. He suggested that I should not repeat my Mother tougue O level examination which i got A2 for the first trial so maybe I could concentrate on my other studies.. I might be considering his suggestion .. When I asked him whether he believe in God and Miracles, he simply answered "mhh.. yes"..

the expression "mhh.." there suggesting me that he was also quite unsure with what he said.. similar goes to me too..

Today matthew han offered me to buy his poem, not that I didnt wanna buy, I just got no money to buy, and it simply was less profitable to me to buy it.. The poem was very good, it pictured a great regret that is hauting him upon failing his mother toungue O level examination.. this is the poem..

waiting eagerly
with much glee
so that they could see
tension that great, in your pants you could pee
wishing hopefully
grades are secured from "A" to "C"

results on paper, teacher starts reading
in other schools nationwide, girls start weeping
or the complete opposite, students by school corridors singing,
"i passed mother tongue! where are the textbooks? START BURNING!"

happy candidates begin to laugh and joke
about plans after school, drink and smoke
but for the rest that are just too broke
skip joyously home to break the news to their folk

not so happy ones cry and regret
the upcoming punishment they'll get
which will never make them forget
"you need good grades to be fed"

the rest that passed but not so well
reflected heavily as they fell
questions from people on their grades, they did not tell
sat quietly in class thinking, waiting for the school bell
"do you even know how to fail?"
don't fret bro, welcome to hell.

I could price it around 40-60 dollars, if i were the editor of newspaper or maganize and matthew intent to contribute that poem in my media.. Well.. then I told him to send his poem to strait times , newpaper or any magazine, they may pay him if it get published..

Matthew has to understand on thing. it is not easy to have his poem sold for money.. same thing goes the same way to any poet even to the greatest poet of the world..

What a true poet should have in their mind is..

- a satisfaction when people read his poem and like it
- and not an expectation that people will buy his poem

No comments: